Although we’re now at Alert Level 2, COVID-19 is still out there and we need to play our part in keeping each other safe. It’s important you do everything you can to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission at work.
There are many sources of information on the internet, but the Golden Rules for small businesses at Alert Level 2 are:
- All businesses can operate if they can do so safely. Alternative ways of working are still encouraged where possible.
- Talk with your workers to identify risks and ways to manage them.
- Ask everyone, workers, contractors and customers, with cold or flu-like symptoms to stay away from your premises should keep records of workers on premises (or out working) to enable contact tracing
- Everyone should keep workers one metre apart where feasible
- Every business must follow the hospitality rules if they sell food and drink for consumption in the workplace
- All other health, safety and hygiene requirements should be met, including reducing the number of shared surfaces, and regularly disinfect them.
- Wash your hands. Wash your hands. Wash your hands.
You are no longer required to have a COVID-19 safety plan. But we recommend you document your Alert Level 2 approach so it can be shared with others, including customers or clients. Work Safe NZ has made Safety Plan Templates available on their website. It also includes details and suggestions on how to go about creating safe processes and environments for customers/clients.
For more details on Safe Work practices during Alert Level 2, visit the NZ Work Safe website.